Scrum Master I
PeopleCert Scrum Master I
Scrum is an agile framework that helps teams work together to develop, deliver, and manage complex products. It increases team productivity by encouraging team players to learn through experiences, self-organise, and continuously improve output.
The PeopleCert Scrum Master courses enables candidates to demonstrate familiarity with Scrum practices in an applied manner, beyond just the knowledge terminology. PeopleCert Scrum certification verifies that professionals are potential to act as the Scrum Master in their team.
This Scrum Master I course introduces essential concepts, terms, principles and tools used for Scrum, enabling its agile approach to be adapted through new practices, processes and technology.
With PeopleCert Scrum Master I, you will learn about:
- The definition and purpose of Scrum
- The three pillars of Scrum: inspection, adaptation and transparency
- The five Scrum values: commitment, focus, openness, respect and courage
- The characteristics of effective Scrum Masters, product owners, and development teams
- The purposes of different events, artefacts and rules in Scrum
- How multilevel planning can help your team develop long-term goals and create more realistic strategies to achieve them
- How to identify the attributes of the product backlog and understand how it can evolve as your product and environment changes
- The techniques for managing technical debt
- The purpose and steps involved in Scrum events such as product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, daily Scrum, review, and retrospective
Who is the PeopleCert Scrum Master I qualification for?
PeopleCert Scrum Master I qualification is aimed towards any professional who wishes to become an efficient member of a Scrum environment. It requires candidates to develop and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of Scrum terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their ability to use tools efficiently and effectively.
PeopleCert Scrum Master I Examination Details
- Closed book
- 40 questions
- 26 marks to pass or 65%
- One hour (60 minutes) in duration
- to be completed in pencil for paper based exam for classroom course; or
- online proctored using and provided by PeopleCert system